Best answer

Trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier, getting an "Error parsing response" error

Userlevel 3

Hi, I’m trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier. I’ve installed and activated the Zapier plugin to wordpress. I go to log in to my Wordpress on Zapier, and I get the following error:

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html style="height:100%"> <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,"

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 August 2022, 00:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

163 replies

We have the same error, what can we do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MDH

The first thing that I’d recommend is to try what’s suggested in this response. It’s solved the problem for some of the folks having this issue.

If that doesn’t help then the best thing to do is to contact the Support Team, who’ll be able to take a closer look at the error with you. The best way to do that is with the Get Help form

I have the same error:

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html style="height:100%"> <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,"

Same response here guys, would like to be added to the affected users list

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@bodality and @Lucas Young - I’ve added you both to this report and you’ll be contacted via email.

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m getting the same issues with intermittent connections and disconnections of my WordPress account.

When I successfully make a zap - Google Sheets to WordPress integration - I test it in zapier and it works great. But when I make the zap live it doesn’t work.

Sometimes when it does successfully connect to my Wordpress account (admin role) I get this error while making the zap. If I wait or click custom and click back to Post Type it often brings up the post types and I can continue making the zap.

And sometimes when I check my connections it says its disconnected and when I try to reconnect it I get this message:

I have turned off wordfence and caching program. I have also tried with all but essential plugins turned off (elementor, elementor pro, zapier)

Please help! 

Userlevel 1

Hi, mine was above.

What I’ve done that’s fixed it *so far* is  I removed all the zaps and connections from zapier.

Then started again from scratch.

This seems to have solved it for now… Will let you know if there are any further issues.

Userlevel 1

ok it didn’t solve it. :(

Same here, I am getting the same error and cannot fix it. Could you please let me know. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @adriennef and @ovejaenlaciudad - I’ve added your upvotes to this bug report. Should we have an update on the status, you’ll be contacted directly via email. Thanks!

I am having the same issue.

• I tried updating my permalink structure as suggested elsewhere here.
  • I do not get the permission pop-up to click allow on.
  • I do not have a remote publishing option in settings > writing

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Imani you have been added to this report and will receive updates via email!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey folks! Our product and engineering teams wanted to update this thread to say:

Investigating and ultimately fixing this bug is likely to be added to our integrations team’s roadmap. Hopefully, we will be able to do finish both very soon.

i also have this problem.

Userlevel 1

Same here - please update me when it is fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@anke @clickclickclick you have been added and will receive updates via email. 

Hey folks! Our product and engineering teams wanted to update this thread to say:

Investigating and ultimately fixing this bug is likely to be added to our integrations team’s roadmap. Hopefully, we will be able to do finish both very soon.

Please let us know when this is fixed. Ive used this integration in the past and never encountered issues. I cannot move forward with this error persisting. Thank you for looking into this.

Userlevel 1

@anke @clickclickclick you have been added and will receive updates via email. 

Thanks- the specific error (on chrome and safari) I’m getting is:   

authentication failed: Could not interpret the authentication response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @clickclickclick 

The error message that you’re seeing doesn’t match what we’d see if the WordPress connection is affected by the issue reported here. It can be tricky to connect Zapier to WordPress as there are different factors that affect the connection. 

Take a look at these help guides as there may be something that will fix the connection:

How to get started with WordPress on Zapier

Common problems with WordPress

You are also listed as an affected user on the issue that gives the error message:

We hit an error adding your new account

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

And we will send you an email when that’s resolved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@juanexplore.us thanks for your message, I’ve added you as an affected user on the issue 🙂

Userlevel 1

@Danvers ive not changed anything and this has been working fine for over a year. 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Same problem here !

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@clickclickclick @clickclickclick (not sure why there are two users with the exact same name but I’m tagging both to make sure): I’d say since your error message seems to be different than the one reported by the original poster that your best bet is to reach out to our Support team and/or create a new topic in Community. 

@Hary I’ve added you as an affected user as well, though if you’re not getting the same error as the person who started this post…

… I’d suggest to you the same as what I said above: please contact our Support team and/or start a new topic so we can try to keep these topics as clean as possible :)

Userlevel 1

@clickclickclick @clickclickclick (not sure why there are two users with the exact same name but I’m tagging both to make sure): I’d say since your error message seems to be different than the one reported by the original poster that your best bet is to reach out to our Support team and/or create a new topic in Community. 

It’s the same user ;) 

I've tried on different accounts also, with new zaps and different Wordpress accounts.

My login credentials are accurate - something has possibly changed with new wordpress/woocommerce updates - and zapier hasn’t kept up.

I have reached out to support. It is still an authentication error which others are also having.

Userlevel 2

Like many of the users, I’m also running into the same issue. After reading through this thread -- I have a few comments.

1 - Given that WordPress powers almost 40% of all Websites, logic would tell me that Zapier would make it a priority to take all steps necessary to fully integrated with the latest versions of WordPress and keep its official plugin fully updated and supported.

2 - This issue is over 8 months old. It’s obvious there is a serious problem with the Zapier Plugin.

3 - The official WordPress Zapier plugin has not been updated in over 7 months.

4 - Users are having many issues getting the Official plugin to work. So many, in fact, the plugin has a 2 star ranking on Wordpress.com. Despite users reporting issue after issue, there is Zero response from Zapier.

5 - Support that is being offered is abysmal. Advising us to “change our permalink structure” is… a terrible idea. It will instantly break all URLs and make Google very unhappy. Most of us know this but, for new users, it could really screw up their websites.

6 - Providing updates using words the words “likely,” “hopefully,” and “backlog” does not inspire confidence. Actually, it does the opposite. What I read is, we’ve known about this issue for 8 months and have no solid plans on how or when we will help our customers.

The above facts lead me to believe the following: 

A - Zapier is having serious issues inside its business. (Financial, Engineering, Leadership, etc...)

B - The Zapier WordPress plugin has been abandoned.

C - Zapier customers should find a different product to meet their WordPress Automation/Integration needs.

All in all, very disappointing.