Best answer

Trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier, getting an "Error parsing response" error

Userlevel 3

Hi, I’m trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier. I’ve installed and activated the Zapier plugin to wordpress. I go to log in to my Wordpress on Zapier, and I get the following error:

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html style="height:100%"> <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,"

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 August 2022, 00:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

163 replies

I have the same problem, please add me to the bugreport as well, to be notified of any development. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Karmu I’ve added you to the issue report, thanks!

Hello, I’d also like to be added to the list of impacted users. Thank you.

I have the same problem, please add me to the bugreport as well, to be notified of any development. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Redactia @CarterhaughLLC I have added you both to this report so that you will be notified of any updates via email!

Please add me to the impacted list

Userlevel 1
Looks like I'm not the only one. Please zapier.. get this solved. 
Upon installing the plugin it gave an “header missing” error…

Hello.

I have similar problem.

I have installed the plugin Zapier for WordPress. And I am using the default theme with no other plugins  installed. 

Any Idea why this is happening? 

I tried to connect Feedly to Wordpress today and I had the same issue. The first thing that hapenned was that I got this error when I tried to activate the Zapier plugin: The plugin does not have a valid header.

I tried again after a few minutes and it Activated but whenever I try to create the Zap I get this error:

authentication failed: The Zapier plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/zapier is yet to be activated on the WordPress site provided. Please install and activate it first.

Can you please update us all? This thread has been open for months. Are you releasing a new version of the plugin? Do we need to change any settings?

Thanks!

I’m getting a slightly different error but probably the same issue:

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head> <link rel="stylesheet" "

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

This is with a new admin account created just for zapier.   And there was no permission popup.

✋ Another affected user here.

Having a very similar issue to everyone else here. Received the following error:

authentication failed: Got 401 calling POST https://cravingconnections.com//wp-json/zapier/v1/token, triggering auth refresh

When going into the link and removing ‘token’ at the end, it pulled up:

Would be fantastic if we could get it to work though...

Hey, we are getting this error when trying to connect… 

authentication failed: Could not interpret the authentication response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Clayton!

Something you can try is what I suggested in this response. It’s solved the problem for some of the folks having this issue.

Yes me too...hoping to get emailed the fix!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rohan!

Connecting to WordPress can be tricky as there are lots of different factors that can affect the connection. 

The first thing to do is to check out the Help Docs for WordPress:

How to Get started with WordPress on Zapier

Common Problems with WordPress

If the suggestions there don’t help, please get in touch with the Zapier Support Team as they will be able to take a closer look with you. You can do that using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi@rohan!

Connecting to WordPress can be tricky as there are lots of different factors that can affect the connection. 

The first thing to do is to check out the Help Docs for WordPress:

How to Get started with WordPress on Zapier

Common Problems with WordPress

If the suggestions there don’t help, please get in touch with the Zapier Support Team as they will be able to take a closer look with you. You can do that using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I tried the solution in the response however it did not work for us

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rohan

Thanks for giving those tips a try, if they didn’t work then the best thing to do is get in touch with the Zapier support team using the Get Help form as they will be able to take a closer look at your Zap. Thanks!

I’m getting a similar error too. This is on a live site that I can’t easily change permalinks. We are using Sucuri for firewall security and a CDN, if that might help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @dmrmw ,

Sorry you are encountering an error. I see you have a ticket in with our Support team which is great as they will be able to look at your specific Zap and troubleshoot your specific issue!

The same thing happened to us also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @arenadeairsoft ,

Sorry you are running into this! I have added you to this report so that you will be notified with any updates via email. 

the same problem

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE HTML> <html lang="en-US"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8" /> <meta http-equiv="Content-Ty"

Zapier plugin isn’t compatible with WP5.6 We’re creating a new site that must integrate but receiving many errors when trying to authenticate our WordPress Zap to the plugin. Please add me to the updates & please resolve asap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@BYS @karenRotem - you all have been added to this report and will be contacted with any updates!