Best answer

Triggering on Dropbox files within subfolders

• 9 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Would like to copy newly created dropbox files to another service INCLUDING files in subfolders.

As we can’t do it now, I assume a limitation in the API… any updates coming/planned?

(I’d like to monitor a whole folder structure and grab all files in it - even prepared to manually replicate the folder structure on the target first if necessary)

thanks 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 12 June 2020, 13:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @FDittmar! You’re right that this is an API limitation - we can’t add support for triggering from subfolders with the current set up of the Dropbox API. 

We do have a feature request recorded for this and I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

Userlevel 2

Simple one, easy to mark as “Solved”.

@Danvers had posted the following regarding subfolders:

We do have a feature request recorded for this and I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

Could you please add me to the list on this request? Link below:

Dropbox files in subfolder | Zapier Community

I’ve been trying *very* hard to get them to open up on it here:

Programmatically Process Shared Link Folders and S... - Dropbox Community (dropboxforum.com)

((( that db community thread I’d worded in a very specific way to avoid easy outs, and was why I didn’t mention my platform for so long … )))

Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @eliot

Thanks for the message and I’ve added you to the feature request asking for the ability to trigger Zaps from new files in subfolders. 

The DropBox integration is one that Zapier manages but, as you’ve discovered, the Dropbox API doesn’t currently support this kind of call. Fingers crossed that it will get added in the near future so we can take another look at that feature request. 

Thanks!