Best answer

Trigger Emails Based on Google Calendar Event

• 26 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Im trying to have a series of emails trigger based around a specific date of an appointment (pulled from a Google Calendar Event).

The workflow I'd like is to have an initial email sent 48 hours prior to the specific date and a follow-up email 24 hours after the event. Is there a way to do that? Also, is there a way to have the initial email be sent in the event an appointment is scheduled with less than 48 hours lead time?

icon

Best answer by jesse 29 April 2020, 19:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @JimM

You can use the "Event Start" trigger to have a zap trigger 48 hours before the event. You can then add delay steps between each email to get the desired spreading out of messages.

Using the "Event Start" trigger, if an event is added and it starts sooner than the selected time, then the zap triggers immediately.

Userlevel 1

I see that I can pull the "Event Start" trigger for a calendar event, but how do i make that send an email 48 hours before the event date? I don't see an option under the Gmail app that will allow me to have it trigger an action based on a date.

Is there a work around perhaps based on Zapier Helpers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @JimM

So, if you have a zap that triggers with "Event" start created with 48hours as the set time and then you added an event in your GCal for Mar5 at 9am, then your zap will trigger on this event at Mar3 9am - 48 hours before the event.

Then all your zap needs to do is end an email right away.

Make sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @JimM, did Andrew’s answer help out? Please let us know!

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends, just summarizing that to get more granular with triggering notifications around events, you can:

• Use the "Event Start" trigger and then the Formatter Add/Subtract time action to have the Zap trigger 48 hours before the event.

• You can add Delay steps between each email to spread out messages to be sent during certain times, following the start of the event.