Best answer

Tracking sources Gotowebinar

• 23 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, 
i've scheduled a webinar on Gotowebinar, and i'm promoting it using google ads, website and social media. On google analytics i can see how many people have registered (through the thank you page), but i can't see the source! 
How can I to set up a zapier between gotowebinar and google analytics to track traffic sources?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 27 March 2020, 13:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Denise! Thanks for your question!

If the only way to register for the webinar is through your website then the best way to track how people got to your website (and the thank you page) is through Google Analytics. I’m not super familiar with Google Analytics, but I think that you would need to set up a conversion goal for this, and that should allow you to track the path that people take to reach the thank you page.

If you have a field in your GoToWebinar registration form that asks people how they found out about your webinar then you could set up a Zap to add a measurement to an existing Google Analytics goal. So, for example if you have a conversion goal in Google Analytics that was tracking social media registrations, then you could set up a Zap that looks like this:

Trigger: GoToWebinar - New Registrant

Action: Filter - only continue if source = social media

Action: Google Analytics - Create Measurement (add a measurement to the Social media goal)

​I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions!