Best answer

There was an error with Google Sheets: Object of type LazyFile is not JSON serializable

• 23 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’ve just created my first Zap!

What it does is create a new row in a Google Sheet every time an email matching a certain criteria is received. The criteria is that the email must be from one specific email address.

The columns in the Google Sheet are: Date, From, Subject. Body & Attachment.

I have tested my zap by sending an email from that email address with a .jpg file but I have received an error that says: There was an error with Google Sheets: Object of type LazyFile is not JSON serializable.

I have no knowledge of front end development so could you please let me know what I can do to fix this.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 27 March 2020, 15:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Mandeep - I’m sorry for the delay getting back to you on this! And congratulations on setting up your first Zap!

It sounds like the Zap is hitting an error because you can’t add a jpeg file to a Google Sheet. What do you need the attachment for? How will you use it when you access the sheet?

For example, if you need to save the attachment and access it later, then you’ll need to add a step in the Zap that saves the file to your Google Drive - you can then add a link from the file to your Google Sheet. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers,

Linking it to Google Drive will work! Thank you for your reply