Best answer

The final action should be going to a specific URL

• 10 December 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

It looks really silly, but I don't know how to do the following:

I used a webhook to "catch" some parameters on a URL, I changed the parameters names on that URL, and added them to another URL. Now I'd like to go to the new URL with the revised parameters.

How do I do that?

Background:

The goal is to get the registration info from a form and transfer them to a questionnaire. But the questionnaire receives parameters with certain names only.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 10 December 2019, 13:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Danvers - I think we’ve got a +1 here for “Allow customised response to webhook calls”

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the heads up, @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ahhh I see what you’re trying to do there. Basically change form parameter names and prefill a form at surveynuts.

the message you’re getting in the browser is a json encoded message saying success, zapier received your webhook.

what you’re trying to do cannot be done with zapier, zapier will not respond to a webhook with a forwarding url.

yes you can reformat the url parameters in zapier, but you will not be able to redirect a browser to a different page.

i assume you control the original form, in that case you should be able to adjust the form action and modify the parameters there

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu and @PaulKortman .

The bad news - I need to find a solution some place else. But... the good news - I feel less silly now... :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Merav

So, you'll want the 'Webhook->POST' step:

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 12.26.56.png

You can then form the URL you want to send to, and map fields as needed:

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 12.27.05.png

I hope that makes sense? Let us know if you've got any other questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Merav - I get you now. Sadly Zapier webhooks are not able to action a post-submit redirect for users.

You may want to check out a tool called Integromat which is similar to Zapier and would allow you to do this sort of redirect.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your prompt reply @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu

Maybe I didn't use the POST properly...

Here is what I did:

I created a zap with trigger= webhook

image.pngI entered the webhook URL to the registration form, where it allows to enter a URL to which the registrant will be directed after filling the form (i.e. instead of the thank you page).

I created an action=webhook of type POST:

image.pngNow when I am filling out the form and clicking Submit, instead of going to the SurveyNuts URL, I get the following:

{"status": "success", "attempt": "5def8679-92aa-4711-ab06-da04303eea50", "id": "7cc06f6c-2687-4d0e-a13e-ca08546ae04d", "request_id": "5def8679-92aa-4711-ab06-da04303eea50"}

All I want is that when the user Submits the form, he will be directed to the SurveyNuts page with the proper parameters.