Best answer

The ability to comment on Zap steps

Userlevel 1

Coming from a programming background, I would love to see the ability to make comments directly on a zap to make it easier to come back after a while.  They can get pretty complex, so trying to remember exactly what something does and why you chose to do it that way can be tough if you haven’t looked at it in 6 months or more. 

I think it would make sense for it to be in the outline section.  It wouldn’t have to be anything complicated, just a textarea type box for either the whole thing or for each section, but just something that allows us to make notes or comments. 

This might be a feature of the teams version, but I couldn’t find any info on it, but it should really be for anyone, it’s such a simple but vital feature. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 27 May 2022, 21:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @danny2327 

Good ideas.

Best to share feedback and feature requests via tickets to Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Some option you may consider:

1. You can label the Zap to be descriptive
  2. You can label the Zap steps to be descriptive
  3. You can add a Description to a Zap

Userlevel 1

Hey Troy, 
Thanks for that info. I can’t believe I didn’t notice the description field.  While it would be nice to have a bit more in the way of options, that will certainly do what I need to for now. Thanks!