Best answer

Task - management - GS-ZAPIER-Active campaign

• 1 April 2020
  • 3 replies

My question: I have a google sheet export with our customer information from our custom made CRM (kinda oldskool)  Its got 260 colomns and about a 1500 rows.  I want to update my contacts in Active campaign, on a weekly basis.  So I’ve copied alle the fields to AC, set up an export and connected through a zap. My plan is to;

-weekly export all this data. 

-delete the data inside, add the fresh export

-when a certain cel changed, it triggers

I dont want Zapier, thinking ive added 1500 rows (on a weekly basis)

Do I just turn of the zap, do my thing, and turn it back on? 

(and does every change in a cel counts as a task?)

Hope to hear from you! 

Cheers,

Milko

Amsterdam

icon

Best answer by Danvers 27 April 2020, 18:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there!

You’d mentioned that you don’t want Zapier thinking that you’ve added 1500 rows on a weekly basis. The tricky thing is that if you want to avoid triggering on 1500 rows each time, you’d have to overwrite the data in the sheet. But in doing so, you’ll likely end up with some rows that have been added somewhere in the middle. That means that the Zap will see a lot of rows that are different from the last time they were seen.

So I can better help you out with the workflow, can you walk me through the process? So you have a CRM, inside of which you’ll be updating and adding records (deleting?) and then you export all of that and want to check it all against what was exported previously?

Does your system have any unique IDs for the records, ideally one that increments by 1 as you add new people to your CRM?

Hi Nick, 

my apologies for my late reply. 

Yes we do got unique id’s which increment. So any new row can come at the bottom. 

And yes we update their status in out crm. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If any new customers will be added as a new row at the BOTTOM of the list (ie if you’re ordering by the ID) then you’ll be able to use the  Google Sheets New or Updated Row trigger here. 

With that trigger, the Zap will only fire if the information in a row is different, or if you add a new row to the bottom of the sheet. 

In terms of tasks, that will depend on how many steps there are in your Zap. Each new or update row will trigger the Zap, you can see how many tasks a Zap uses each time it’s triggered in the task history. You can learn more about what counts as a task in this help guide.