Question

Syncing data between Google Sheets tabs

• 17 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have been trying to make this work for a couple of days with no luck.

I have three tabs importing information from Wordpress:

Tab 1 ( Users ) - collect user registrations from WP Forms in Wordpress - User ID / Username / Name / Country / Company Name / VAT Number / Address

Tab 2 ( Entries) - collects information when there is a new post in Wordpress - User ID / Post Name / Category / Author Name / Post Status

Tab 3 ( Payments) - gets payment information through Stripe, when a user subscribes (allowing them to post) 

User ID / Payment Date / Amount / Country / Company Name / VAT Number / Address / Submitted / Reviewed / Published 

The flow is : Register > Payment > Submit entry

Now , it comes the hard part: Cross information between the tabs when there is an update:

• Whenever there is a new payment in Tab 3 - Search for the same USER ID in Tab 1 (Users) and update fields Company Name, VAT Number and and Address in Tab 3 ( Payments)
  • Whenever there is a new entry in Tab 2 (Entries) it will update that same USER ID row information in Tab 3 ( Payments) and put an X in the Submitted column 
  • Whenever a Post Status is changed in Tab 2 (Entries) to Reviewed , it will update the same USER ID row in Tab 3 (Payments) and put an X in the Reviewed Column 
  • Whenever a Post Status is changed in Tab 2 (Entries) to Published , it will update the same USER ID row in Tab 3 (Payments) and put an X in the Published Column 

I have been trying to do this for days and going crazy with the Zaps , Lookups and Filters. I am new with Zapier so I would really really love any help with this.

thank you so much in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @loop2022 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

General concept is to find then update a row in the GSheet.