Best answer

Syncing Between CRMS

• 5 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there,

I am working on cleaning up and better managing the contacts in our our two CRMs.

We use both HubSpot and ActiveCampaign.

I want the contacts represented in each to have matching data.

The solution I have for this is:

1. Contact Updated in HubSpot → Update Contact in ActiveCampaign
  2. Contact Updated in ActiveCampaign → Update Contact in HubSpot

Where I see this being an issue is if a contact is updated in HubSpot and then in ActiveCampaign, the update in ActiveCampaign would trigger an update in HubSpot and the automation would proceed like this ad infinitum.
Is this an issue that would have an impact on the efficacy of my sync in anyway?

icon

Best answer by adamsmartschan 9 July 2020, 17:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

A quick update on this, I seem to get this email every 5 minutes or so just by having Zap #1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@JakeatGrantMe 

Sorry we missed your message! Did you manage to get this sorted?

Zapier has something called “flood protection” - if your zap tries to trigger more than 100 times at once, they get held like this. You can write to support and they may be able to raise the threshold to a higher number.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@JakeatGrantMe -

We’re hardcore Zapier folks – got the T-shirt and everything – but this is one use case where we don’t deploy it. A true two-way sync like this is more suitable for PieSync or the like. That’s built for exactly what you’re trying to do.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu + @adamsmartschan,

Thank you for your responses!

As you’ve outlined, @adamsmartschan, I have since realized that this is not how zapier should be used. I will look to an alternative solution, such as PieSync, in the future. Thanks for your support!