Question

Stripe order not triggering Zap to send email in Flodesk

• 24 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi there, my Stripe zap is not working and executing with Flodesk despite running a test zap and it working. Nothing is logged in the zap history either. I am not sure why the test works but live result doesn’t. I’ve been struggling for hours 😞 Can someone please advise? Thank you so much!

Also of note that I use SquareSpace for collecting orders. So once a user submits an order the order gets sent to Stripe and from there I want them to get a Flodesk email that puts them into my workflow.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @helpmeplease 

Please post screenshots about how your Zap steps are configured.

Badge

It’s a one step Zap. Once a new customer is detected in Stripe I wanted them to be automatically added into a segment in Flodesk.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@helpmeplease 

FYI: The trigger for Stripe New Customer is NOT instant, so depending on your Zapier plan it can take from 1-15 minutes for the Zap to trigger.

Badge

I did try to make a test customer in my Stripe account just now but it is only pulling in 3 random customers I have and not the customer I just created. 

This is the first step in the trigger:

And this is the action:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @helpmeplease 

Try turning your Zap ON and testing by creating a new customer in Stripe.

TIP: You can manually run Zaps that do NOT have instant triggers.

Badge

Interesting. I am on the Starter plan. 

@helpmeplease

FYI: The trigger for Stripe New Customer is NOT instant, so depending on your Zapier plan it can take from 1-15 minutes for the Zap to trigger.

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone thank you for the help! It seems to work when I do it manually! Is it because there is a delay and not instantaneous that it is not triggering?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@helpmeplease

Give it 15 minutes, then check your Zap Runs to see if the Zaps triggered: https://zapier.com/app/history/

TIP: Make sure to test with unique values.