Best answer

Stripe & Gmail

• 1 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to build a zap where the customer gets an email when a purchase in made

I have stripe integrated with squarespace

when the data comes in the only place/field I see the email address for stripe data is under the description and it shows “charge for email@email.com” it is weird because there is a field for “reciept email” and “billing details email” but that data is not coming through

any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Activecogirl 1 April 2020, 05:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 1

I figured it out, I used the “extract text” and had it pull the email - thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Activecogirl  Thanks for letting us know that you found the answer!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Activecogirl  Thanks for letting us know that you found the answer!

@Activecogirl I’m trying to do the same thing now to import the email address from Stripe to Aweber. Can you please tell me what the “extract text” is and how I do it? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @thefschool! The Formatter by Zapier app has a function that will let you find email addresses in a block of text. 

To use it, add a Formatter step to your Zap and choose the Text action. For the Transform choose ‘Extract Email Address’

This step will pull out the first email address in whichever text you use as the input. You then need to use the output of the Formatter step in the AWeber step. 

Userlevel 1

@danvers

that’s awesome thanks so much, I didn’t know about the formatting tools!

I wonder if you could help me figure out how to tag my subscribers in Aweber based on which product they purchase in Stripe? I can’t see any fields in my zap where I can pull this info from Stripe, it doesn’t specify which product they bought anywhere. TIA. 

Userlevel 1

Nevermind! I just figured out I could use the “website ID” to translate into a tag. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for letting us know you found a solution to the tag question, @thefschool!