Best answer

spreadsheet won't show up

• 28 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I’m new to Zapier, trying to set up a new zap that will send an email from my Gmail every time someone fills a form on my site. So it’s a Google Form < Gmail, zap. 

But, in the set up page under ‘spreadsheet’ my google form won’t show, even though I triggered it already (by filling it myself once) and refreshed the page. 

What do I do?

Also, under the spreadsheet box there’s a Worksheet box that’s also required. What’s that for?

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 1 March 2021, 03:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@telalit,

No, you don’t have to type if you pick someone, as I mentioned previously, “You can type it, you don’t have to pick (pick when you want to send an email to the submitter)” When you want to send an automated email, you can just pick/map the email value in the To field. So that, every time someone submits the form, will get the email.

Userlevel 1

I’ll delete the “row” thing, don’t even know how it got to be there.

But wait, I need to type the email address every time I want it to be sent? My whole intent with using Zapier is that this function will be done automatically… everytime someone submits a form they get an automated, template, email from me. Is there no way to do that like so? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @telalit,

I am assuming every time the email will be sent to one person only. If not, If you want to send the automated email to the person who submitted the form, then in the To field Pick email from the given option. 

First of all, do not anything other than an email in the To Field ( I see that you have added row number, which isn’t supposed to be there) 

Here’s how can do it:

• In the To field, add the email address you want to send an email to everytime there is a new entry. You can type it, you don’t have to pick (pick when you want to send an email to the submitter)
  • Then in the Subject Field, add a subject, maybe something like New Entry in Delivery Form
  • Then in the Body field, write the email body, you can include the form response there by picking.
Userlevel 1

Hey Rob, thanks, this solved it! You were right, I didn’t create a spreadsheet earlier apparently, oops lol ;)

Now I’m struggling with the next step - the Gmail - 

I’m choosing the “new responses in spreadsheet” under the “to” section but it’s asking me to choose specific emails. 

I simply want to create a template email now and create an automation, that every response will get that automated email… how do I do that? can you please tell me which options to choose in this section of the zap?

Thanks so much :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @telalit,

Your issue is most likely that you have not created a spreadsheet to store the responses, to do that:

• Go to your Google Form configuration page: https://docs.google.com/forms (click on the form that you have created) 
  • Click on the Spreadsheet icon

• Give the spreadsheet a name that you can recognize later
  • Then it should appear in the Zapier Set up Page.

If it doesn’t appear, then you can also add the spreadsheet ID in the Zapier Spreadsheet field

This will help you resolve the issue. 

Most importantly, make sure you have the right account connected to your zapier.