Question

Smartsheet - Send Row Function

Does anyone know if it is available to limit the fields being sent within the “Send Row” function of Smartsheet?  I have dozens of columns/fields and I would only like to limit which ones are include in the email that is being sent.

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @willut72!

In the Message box, you can choose which fields you’d like to map into the email you send. You don’t have to include everything that is coming from Smartsheet. Is that what you meant, or were you referring to something else?

Thasks for the reply @nicksimard !

That is exactly the function I am looking for, but I cannot find it within the “Send Row in Smartsheet” action.  I choose App (smartsheet) & Event (send row), I select the sheet, email addresses, the row, and withint he message portion I have a custom message, but I still get every field included in the email I receive for that particular row listed.  Where am I missing the ability to map which fields are included?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @willut72 ,

Hopping in for Nick here- I hope that’s okay!

I see you are working with Paolo in Support on this workflow, which is great as they will be able to view your configuration and troubleshoot from there. 

If you have any additional questions, just let us know- happy to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @willut72 ,

Circling back as I see that Paolo in Support suggested adding another column on the sheet that would act as a flag indicating that you want that to be processed (Send as a row in this case), then pairing that up with a filter to create the conditional logic.

Did that seem to do the trick? Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you are still having trouble with this Zap!