I want to build a zap to
- Look in a Slack channel (or Whatsapp chat) for any message
- If the message contains a Youtube URL, grab the video title
- Cut the URL from the slack message
- Get the original slack (or whatsapp) message
- Use the title of the video URL in my wordpress post title
- Use the slack/whatsapp message in my wordpress post content
- Post as draft
Step 2 is where I'm stuck. I also suspect I'm having problems with Step 4. Maybe because the data was already in Step 1?
I'm unsure. Help!
Step 8 - use any hashtags as WP tags
Step 9 - use AI to auto pick some categories :)
Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu
So, you won't be able to watch Whatsapp messages I'm afraid.
As for extracting a URL, there is a "Formatter->Text->Extract URL" step built in to Zapier, however, this will only work if the Youtube URL is the first/only one to appear in a message.
Is that likely to be the case?