Question

Slack with attachment to buffer

• 14 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey Guys,

i want to make a simple Zap.
If a message with image/video is postet to a specific channel in slack
the image an text should be sheduled as an post via buffer.

The problem here is i cant get the attachment from the slack message as it is not shown not even in the sample data that is pulled.

As i read here https://zapier.com/help/doc/working-message-attachments-slack
this should be possible right or what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance 
Leo

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Agency3d ,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry about the delay!

To help us dig a bit deeper, could you share a screenshot of your configuration? 

Will be on the lookout for your reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Agency3d!

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you’d managed to get things working, or whether you could still use some help here. Please let us know :)

I am also having this issue. I cannot pull in new sample data despite pushing posts to Zapier, so I am unable to create a sample post that includes for instance, an image attachment:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Agency3d and @jnny - Thanks for writing in! It looks like we may have a work around for you to try out:

A workaround that may be helpful for affected users, if they're triggering off relatively unique messages, is to use a Find Message search action and do an exact text search (in quotation marks) for the message that triggered the Zap—that will return the attachment info they need.

Could you give this a try and let me know if it resolved the issue for you?