Best answer

Slack trigger has data while testing, but missing while running!?

• 14 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a very odd problem. I am automating building an Airtable with links from a specific channel in Slack. I’ve built the script and it works perfectly in testing. Perfectly. BUT, when I turn it on, it never works, and I think I know why.

Here’s a screenshot of the same event, once in the Zap History, the other in the testing environment: 

If you notice on the Testing side (right), you’ll see the Attachments section of the data feed (which is essential to my Zap). If you look on the History side (left), you’ll see none of that data is there.  This is from a single event by the way, not two separate triggers.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Zap here: https://zapier.com/app/editor/84068183

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 30 May 2020, 00:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey Jeremy,

Happy to see that you’ve reached out to our Support team and they’re helping you out with this. They’ll definitely be best suited to help you troubleshoot this one :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @jtoeman, it’s been a while but we wanted to check back on this issue. That's great that you were able to get in touch with Daniel from Zapier Support. We think the solution mentioned would be worth sharing to the rest of the community so here it is:

I've found that there is an open bug report for this issue. What's happening is that we're able to see and map the attachment data brought in by the sample in the Zap Editor, but when the Zap is switched on and live, it fails to return this data.

Although I'm not quite sure when this will be resolved, I have gone ahead and added you to this bug report as an affected user which will add a bit more weight and urgency to the issue. This also makes sure that you are directly notified once this bug as been squashed.

I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing, but if there's anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate to reach back out. Thanks!