Question

Slack message text is stripped out after first special character

• 22 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi! I’ve set up Notion → Slack notifications before, but I’m experiencing some issues with a new one I’m currently creating; for some reason any content after special characters are stripped in the Message Text field for Slack, which I need in order to format the message. Examples:

New request: *Title of request*

is being outputted as:

New request: *

Another example:

Submitted by: @username

is outputted as:

Submitted by: @

It’s the entire message that is stripped after the first instance of a special character, it seems.
Do anyone have any idea of why this is happening, and any ideas on how to fix it? Have anyone experienced something similar? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @tarteletter,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome! :)

This is very strange behavior indeed! I’ve done some checking and I’m not seeing any similar issues reported for the Slack integration. I think it would be best for you to reach our to our Support Team about this. They’ll be able to dig into the logs for your Zap to better investigate why the text is being removed from the message. The best way to reach them is via the Get Help form. 

Please do let us know how you get on with this!