Best answer

Shopify to Google Sheet Questions

• 26 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello, I am currently using a Zap that outputs data when a Shopify order is placed to a Google Sheet by line item based on the number of products ordered. I had 2 main questions regarding the automation for things I was looking to do.

1. The zap outputs the order number, customer name, date, email address, and state for each order. If the order contains multiple products, the zap will repeat the above mentioned fields for each line item in the order. I was wondering if it would be possible to only have those fields output on the first row and stay blank for the subsequent rows for the rest of the order’s line items. 

2. I am using Bold Product Options as some of the products I have offer too many variants beyond the number that Shopify as able to support. As a result, if an order is placed that has the Product Options, it will give each option its own line item as if it were a separate product. Is there a way for the Zap to detect if the order contains such options and then combine both the line item names and the prices into the corresponding product they are associated with? The screenshot below shows how the product and options are formatted in Shopify.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated in advance.

icon

Best answer by samiabid 4 August 2021, 07:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @BPZ

1. Can you share a screenshot of your actual Zap setup?

2. Did you try using conditions in the zap to detect if the order has product options? 

@samiabid 
Here is how the zap is currently set up. We have looked into using conditions to detect the bold options but we don’t know enough about orders that contain both products that have product options and regular products.

Userlevel 1

Hi @BPZ 

Have you looked at using Formatter by Zapier? Check this article - https://zapier.com/blog/formatter-line-item-automation/?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=itbl-gbl-pgv-evr-blog_formatter_line_item_automation_20210804

It’s specifically written to deal with eCommerce orders having line items. Let me know if this helps.