Best answer

Shopify > Google analytics updating cancelled orders

• 25 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to upload refund data to Google analytics from Shopify? I can’t see any actions which are linked to enhanced ecommerce..

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by SamB 18 April 2024, 15:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @ElliottF!

I’ve had look at the available triggers for Shopify and I’m not seeing a “New Refund” trigger specifically. We do have an existing feature request open for a “New Refund” trigger though, so I’ve added your vote to that. I can’t give any ideas as to when that trigger would become available, but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is.

That said, I did spot that Shopify has a New Paid Order trigger which appears to allow you to select the order status of refunded:
236b1643a5a328d0153c1760395cde92.png

I’m not 100% certain if that would give you all the necessary refund information that you’re after, but presumably you could use that alongside a Create a Measurement Google Analytics action to record that an order has been refunded. 

Hope that helps! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here to announce that a New Refund trigger has been added to the Shopify app on Zapier! 🎉

51758dc0f1d7f1ffc580daa7055a948e.png

I hope you’re able to give this trigger a try soon, and if you run into any issues with it please do let us know. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡