Best answer

Shared mailbox / outlook

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

our company mostly uses shared mailboxes in Microsoft 365.

How can I connect them?
If I enter my personal login, I should have a choice of mailboxes.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 July 2022, 01:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

59 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @m k ,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you share more about your workflow and any additional apps you’re using?

Once we have a better idea of what flow you’re looking to achieve we can go from there!

+1 from me

@Liz_Roberts 

My workflow is as follow: We use a CRM/project management tool with CardDAV, which is not readable by M365. So I try to import through Zapier (whenever our tool creates a new contact, a contact in M365 should be created.

I don’t want this attached to a personal mailbox within M365, as it wouldn’t work anymore after this person left the company. Thus, I created a shared mailbox which all users can integrate into their Outlook Apps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@kevin770 

Sorry we missed this! Did you get things sorted out, or do you still need help?

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu thx. No, still struggling with that. Would be awesome to have a solution :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kevin770! We don’t have a solution for this right now, I’m sorry about that. 

We do have a feature request open to support shared accounts. I've added your email address as another vote for this addition - we use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

Userlevel 1

Where can I find the feature request for this? I would like to upvote this. It’s pretty major since most businesses use a shared mailbox due to cost reasons. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Merci - I’ve flagged this so someone from Team Zapier can add your vote.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Merci!

I’ve added you to the list of users that have requested that addition, which lets the team know how many user would like to see it and also means that we’ll send you an email if we have an update. Thanks 🙂

+1 from me please, this would be a powerful feature. Most of our mail flow utilises shared mailboxes. @Danvers can you please add me to the list of customers after this feature?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Absolutely, @MacOfKent, I’ve added you as an interested user on this Feature Request. 

Userlevel 1

Hey m k!

I was having a similar issue while trying to send a message upon form submission using Zapier. I found a solution for myself on Office 365’s end, not sure if it will work for you though.

The shared inbox that I have setup as a catch-all for our company email actually appears as a Office 365 user with no license assigned. From my user management, I am actually able to create a password for that “account” so that it can be logged into. From there, I was able to add another 365 account to Zapier and just login using the credentials for the Shared account.

Let me know if this helps, or feel free to shoot me an email at [removed] and I can see if I can help you further. Thanks!

This post was edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please be careful not to share private information as this is a public Community.

Also need to upvote this from me.  Disappointing that this isn’t an option.  Looking for a strong work-a-round now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@gr8rck I have added your vote for this feature request. If there is an update, you will be notified via email!

We would love this feature as well.  Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @kevin770! We don’t have a solution for this right now, I’m sorry about that. 

We do have a feature request open to support shared accounts. I've added your email address as another vote for this addition - we use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

I am interested on this feature too.
Can you add me to this request? 

Userlevel 1

Please add me to this request

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks @jroyster, I’ve added you to that feature request :slight_smile:

Userlevel 2
Badge

I was looking for the same thing. I added a Zapier Parser email address to the mailbox in question (bunch of ways to do this). That allows me to get the raw email into Zapier, triggered by its arrival. 

Might be helpful?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for sharing @chriswright !

Userlevel 1

I was looking for the same thing. I added a Zapier Parser email address to the mailbox in question (bunch of ways to do this). That allows me to get the raw email into Zapier, triggered by its arrival. 

Might be helpful?

I am looking more for sending mail from tjhis shared mailbox. The idea is to use this shared mailbox to send external notifications to customers. I do not want that in the email sender would appear my personal mailbox but the shared one.
Thanks for your suggestion anyway

Can I also be added to the request list?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@TheyCallMeStompie you have been added!

Userlevel 1

Add me to the list!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Add me to the list!

Added!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just to add to this @chriswright ‘s solution is definitely viable, as I’ve set this up a few times using Zapier Parser: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-zapier-email-parser