Best answer

Setting up abandoned cart email between Ecwid and Mailchimp

• 5 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

I am trying to set up an abandoned cart email for Ecwid/Mailchimp, but am stumbling at the point of Customize Sent Campaign. It looks like I am meant to choose a campaign from within Mailchimp, but the only options are old campaigns I have run. Could someone please advise me how to set up a campaign within Mailchimp that I could use for this option to complete the abandoned cart setup? Many thanks for your assistance.

Michael.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 11 March 2020, 12:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there!

You'll need to create a new MailChimp campaign and set it up so that it sends an email (the abandoned cart email) as soon as a new subscriber is added to it.

Then in Zapier you use the Add/Update Subscriber action to add someone to the audience for that campaign.

​I hope that's clear, please let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Hi Danvers,

Thanks for your reply. I realize I need to set up an abandoned cart email in MailChimp, but I can't see how to do that since it appears to be a paid service? If I pay for that service then I won't need Zapier, so what I'm attempting to do is find out how to do it in another way. Do you have some more specific instructions or are able to point me to some?

Michael.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

In MailChimp it looks like you can set up a specific Abandoned cart email if you directly integrate with an Ecommerce platform (https://mailchimp.com/help/create-an-abandoned-cart-email/)

But you can also create an Automated Campaign and then add someone to the audience for that campaign using Zapier. This guide from MailChimp explains how you set up different types of automation triggers that you could use with a Zap (eg someone added to an audience, a tag added to a subscriber): https://mailchimp.com/help/all-the-automation-triggers/

​I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions!