Question

Set up a Zap to have Gmail forward an email with attachments

• 27 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey there,

I’m trying to create a Zap to FWD receipts that come from one specific email to my Quickbooks receipt forwarding address. I need to include everything in the original email. So far I have only been able to set up a Zap to send a new email (instead of forwarding the original). How do I set up this automation?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lgodphoto 

Have you tried using Gmail Filter rules?

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Yes, I have! In order to do that, you need a confirmation code from the email you are trying to forward to. But the email I'm trying to forward to isn’t actually an email. It’s a Quickbooks generated “email” to store receipts so there's no way for me to retrieve a confirmation code to enter into google which is why I’m trying to create a Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lgodphoto 

Then you’ll have to configure a Zap step to Send Email and map all the data points from the Zap trigger.

If you use this Zap trigger, then you will get the individual attachment, otherwise with other Zap trigger for Gmail multiple attachments will be in a ZIP file.