Best answer

Set "From" email address on "Send Email in Microsoft Office 365" zap.

• 4 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello, I am using "Send Email in Microsoft Office" pdf. I am the admin for the Microsoft account. When I connected the account, it automatically began using my email as the sender when an email is triggered. I would like for the emails to come from an exchange group instead of from me personally. Is this possible, or would I have to convert that group into an actual email account?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 7 January 2020, 17:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Nate_B! It's not possible to set an Exchange group as the from email, sorry about that!

Could I check which integration you're using? The Office 365 one or the specific Microsoft Outlook one? I ask because the Office 365 one will be retired soon and I wouldn't want you to spend time building a Zap for the older one!

Userlevel 3

Thanks for the reply @Danvers. Yes, I'm actually using the Office 365 integration. 😧

I ended up building a zap, and creating a new user account named "Customer.Service@..." so I've set the emails to come from that account.

So, now I see that integration will be retired soon. That's one thing that scares me about creating these work flows that I will ultimately end up relying heavily on. Will it be replaced with a new integration right away?

I appreciate your assistance!

Nate

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Nate_B! The good news is that there's already a replacement integration 😀

We switched from the 'all-in-one' Office 365 app to have separate apps for Outlook, Excel, etc. You can find the outlook one here: https://zapier.com/apps/microsoft-outlook/integrations

We always let folks know via email if an integration is going to be completely retired and we try and give folks plenty of time to switch any Zaps that they have to the newer version of an integration.

I hope that's all clear, let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 3

Thank you @Danvers. I just copied all of my zap settings over to the new integration. Now if only it were an instant zap, my day would be made! :D