Best answer

Separating Colon-Delimited Input

• 24 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

My company uses Acuity Scheduling to schedule appointments.  Right now, the Acuity Appointment Type field has two sets of data in it, separated by a colon.  For example, “Room 1: 3 Customers.” I would like to use Zapier to update an AirTable database that has separate fields for “Room” and “# of Customers.”  Ideally, Zapier would identify the Acuity reservation being made, “Room 1: 3 Customers” and put everything before the colon into the AirTable “Room” field and only the numeral after the colon into the AirTable “# of Customers” field.  Is there a way to have Zapier process the reservation as a colon-separated (or -delimited) field?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 27 March 2020, 20:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Oh, fantastic, thank you!  I found an option to do this in REGEX, but that wasn’t going very well.  This was much easier.  I split it once on the colon, then added a second Split Text step to split on the space, leaving me only the numeral.  That’s exactly what I wanted and way easier than REGEX, thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ParuzalGames Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one!

You can use the Formatter by Zapier app to split a text field using any separator you’d like! The action can then either give you one section of the information(eg the bit before the semi-colon) to use in the later steps, or all of it. 

To do that, add a step in the Zap before your Airtable step and choose the Formatter by Zapier app, and choose ‘Text’ as the action event. Then choose the ‘Split Text’ transform:

3695d5d75053806504d40c6afeba1633.png
(View image larger)

​I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions!