Best answer

'Send as bot?' marked as yes, but Slack messages still come from individual

• 9 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I have a step in my Zap to send a channel message to Slack. It's marked 'yes' to send as a bot, but the message comes through to the channel as coming from me as an individual. There is another Zap that posts a different message/update to the same channel, and that one does come through as a bot.

Have tried changing the bot name, marking as 'no' and then running it and then switching back to 'yes' - no resolve to the issue. Is there a way to fix this?

icon

Best answer by jesse 11 March 2020, 03:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @virginiaraike

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @virginiaraike just wanted to follow up here! It looks like you wrote into our support team as well and they discovered that the issue was that a File was being uploaded with your message.

To share context with the rest of the community, because of how the Slack API handles authentication, it doesn't allow bots to post files but it will let users post files.

One way to work around this is to create a Slack User account specifically for posting as a bot. Once you connected that Slack account to Zapier, you could then post as the bot account instead of real person's account.

In the meantime, we've made a note of this feature and passed it along to the Slack team for consideration in upcoming updates to their app.

Userlevel 1

I’m also running into this same issue, but I do not have a file attachment being sent as @Jesse suggested to be the reason for the issue.

Any other ideas why this would be happening?

Running into this issue as well. Was working normally yesterday and didn’t make any changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Automate1909 & @Zapuser are either of you using the “Schedule at” feature in the “Send Channel Message” action within your Slack step? There is a bug with that particular configuration, so I’m wondering if that could be the culprit. 

If not, you can reach out to Support who can look at your specific Zap config + mapping to see what’s going on here and get you squared away!

Keep us posted and please let us know if you have any additional questions!