Best answer

Send an email every time a new prospect is created in Pardot

Hi Community, 

I have a Business Requirement to send an email to a specific email adress every time a new prospect is created in Pardot.

I want to include some custom fields in the email body but visibly it is something not supported by Zapier.
Only the standard fields are being suggested.

Any ideas please ?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 10 May 2022, 20:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @WLN 

I just checked there is a new Prospect Trigger available for Pardot App.To send an email automatically to the prospect’s email address just map the email data from the Trigger Step inside Pardot and send an email using Gmail App.

You can refer to the screenshot attached.Rest regarding custom fields you can compose an email with dynamic content using custom fields data as long as you get that custom fields data from the Pardot Trigger step inside Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @WLN 

Good question.

Here’s a help article about how to configure your Zap action with dynamic variables from previous steps using the ‘custom’ mapping option: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

###

Some custom fields do not show up in Pardot actions

Custom fields using Radio Button, Checkbox, Dropdown or Multi-Select type are not supported by Pardot’s API, so they are not available in Pardot actions at this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya! 👋🏽 I wanted to come through and summarize a few of these answers in case it’s helpful! 

To send an email automatically to the prospect’s email address just map the email data from the Trigger Step inside Pardot and send an email using Gmail App.

You can refer to the screenshot attached.Rest regarding custom fields you can compose an email with dynamic content using custom fields data as long as you get that custom fields data from the Pardot Trigger step inside Zapier.

As Troy pointed out another great resource is checking out some of the Pardot helps we have available! Specifically he points out “Some custom fields do not show up in Pardot actions” could be a good one to start with. 🙂