Best answer

Searching for multiple files in Google Drive and retrieving the list

• 5 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a workflow where I search for the title of a file in Google Drive. The search results in multiple files (which is correct) and I have to look at all of them and their parent folder name.

It would be a lot easier if I got an email with a list of results and their (and their folder) links.

Is this achievable using Zapier? The Find File action gives me one result only.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 October 2019, 11:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 5

This could probably be done with the Custom Google Drive Integration I built. 🤔

I'm really not trying to push this thing around here. It just seems like Google Drive keeps coming up in topics right at the very moment that I'm tinkering with this integration. 🤣

Hit me up if you'd like to test this thing out, @Martinewski!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Martinewski!

I'm really sorry for delay in following this up!

The Zapier Google Drive integration will only ever return one result, though it sounds like @TheDavidJohnson's integration could help you here 🙂

I've also created a new feature request for the Zapier Google Drive integration to let the team know that this search would be helpful for you. This will:

1. ​Track interest in the addition - if other users request the same thing, we'll add their vote to the request
  2. ​Remind us to send you an email if/when we have an update on this

I hope that helps!

Userlevel 5

😁 Just to be 100% clear: the integration I built doesn't do this yet, but it doesn't look terribly difficult to add based upon what I see in Google's documentation for their Drive API. 🤓