Best answer

Screenshot of Googlesheet sent in email

• 21 April 2020
  • 3 replies

I would like to send a weekly automated email that has a screenshot of the updated Googlesheet as well as a link to the GoogleSheet. I was able to find how to send the link but not how to grab a screenshot to input into the body of the email.

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 22 April 2020, 20:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Cameo Marketing ,

Thanks for reaching out- interesting workflow here!

I see that you have been working with Support on this- posting their response below as I’m sure it will help other users who may be interested in a similar flow. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions- happy to help!

“The Google Sheets integration cannot take a screenshot of a sheet, but I know CloudConvert does that - it can capture a website. You can read more about our CloudConvert integration here: https://zapier.com/apps/cloudconvert/integrations

Hi Liz - I’m having troubles navigating Cloud Convert.  The screenshot that loads is not at all what the GoogleSheet URL I’m sending it to look at is showing.  I believe my CloudConvert is connected to the Zap because it was triggered when I ran a test but why isn’t the Jpeg downloading the right “website” and why isn’t that jpeg being pulled into the email I’d like to send?

I tried testing and the email went through great other than the image I would like to include in the body of the e-mail.

Any help/hints would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jon

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Cameo Marketing!

It’s important that the URL you’re asking CloudConvert to take a screenshot of is a publicly-available one. In other words, it has to be something that absolutely anyone can navigate to on the Internet without having to log in. If you copy the URL you added to the Zap and paste it into an incognito window, are you asked to log in? If so, you’ll have to determine whether you’re willing to create a sharing link for your spreadsheet that doesn’t require a sign-in, then use that in your Zap.