Best answer

Schedule RSS Posts to Discord

• 5 February 2021
  • 1 reply

So I have a discord server and would like to have posts from an RSS feed for once a day, but there is no way to schedule this in Zapier as once you setup a schedule the next option for RSS is to create an item. What would be a better way to achieve this? Or am I stuck going the code route? :weary:

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 9 February 2021, 21:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @SayWHA Radio 

Since Zapier’s RSS Feed is built to trigger whenever a new item comes in and it sounds like you might just want a rollup of posts that happened the previous day. Consider setting up two zaps. 

First Zap:

Trigger: New Item in RSS Feed

Action: Create Row in Google Sheet (You could set up your sheet with a filter so you only see the posts for the date(s) you need, something like this would complicate it just a touch but it can be done) 

Second Zap:

Trigger: Scheduler by Zapier

Action: Send an email with the Google Sheet attached as a pdf. Since you know the sheet link, you can modify it and attach it to an email

The above would be the only way I can think to do this with no code. Airtable might also be a solution in lieu of Google Sheets. The advantage would be that it’s easier to set up a filter in Airtable vs Google Sheet.