Best answer

Salesforce Zap - Could not find new records of "Case" object: We're not able to use this object type.

• 28 September 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone,

I am creating a Zap to push data between Jira and Salesforce. So far I have a zap working that is pushing a new Salesforce Record into Jira. But now I am trying to go in reverse (when Jira record is updated >update the salesforce record) but the same object in SalesForce (Case) that works with pushing to Jira… can’t be found when trying to build this new Zap?

We have another Zap setup that is pushing Jira information into a custom object. “Case” is a standard object. I am confused why this error would be coming up? Is the “Case” object really not supported?

We’re having trouble loading 'Record to Update' data
“Could not find new records of "Case" object: We're not able to use this object type. Please use the help link below to contact Zapier support for more information / assistance.”

icon

Best answer by christina.d 30 November 2022, 09:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I took a look at the actions for the Salesforce integration and you’re right that for the Update Record action, case isn’t an option. You can create a case but not update it, sorry about that!

We do have a feature request open for this and I’ve added you as an interested user. This lets the team know how many folks would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update.

A quick aside: we generally recommend that you only pass information one way between apps, rather than trying to create a two-way sync (eg Jira updates Salesforce, Salesforce updates Jira). Often when you try to set up a two way sync, you can create a Zap loop. You can learn more about Zap loops and how to avoid them in this help guide: Zap is stuck in a loop

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to update a Contact Record in Salesforce but I’m getting this error. 
“Could not update the Contact record with ID asdfasdfasdf: We're not able to use this object type. Please use the help link below to contact Zapier support for more information / assistance.”
Is it possible to update a Contact record in Salesforce? It would be very sad if the answer were not. Please confirm! Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is odd as this is my exact use case. I have updates from Jira going to Salesforce Cases all the time. 

First I use Zapier to look for an update in Jira. The next step is to search for a case in Salesforce that has the Jira ID in a custom field. Then I update that  case using the Jira changes.  I even go on to create a case feed record with the case as the parent ID to show the case was updated.

The only requirement is for the case to have a custom field  with the Jira ID in advance.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Unless my use case is different to yours, that is what I am doing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @AshleyMorris,

Thanks for sending over that screenshot, it does indeed look like you’re able to successfully update Case records in Salesforce!

I’ve added this information to the existing feature request so the developers can double-check and confirm whether that open feature request can be closed now! 

Thanks so much for sharing this info, it’s much appreciated! :)

@Danvers Do we have timing on when we’d be able to update Case records in response to a Jira ticket?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, friends! Good news, updating a case object is now supported!

Let us know if things aren’t working like you expect, or if you run into any other trouble.

Hope this helps and happy zapping! ⚡️

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the clarification!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Help Team!

I'm afraid we don't have an ETA on when that feature might be added to the Salesforce integration. I’ve added your vote to the feature request, however, which means you’ll receive an email notification when it does get implemented :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

This should be possible, I update contact records too.  Are you searching for the record first in a previous step to ensure the ID is correct?  All contact id’s start 003…

Also - ensure the user login you are connecting as is able to perform the same task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @AshleyMorris!

Are you saying that you’re successfully doing this, finding a case in Salesforce and updating it? That is interesting, since I was under the impression that it wasn’t possible.