Best answer

Does Zapier support importing Ninja form into Salesforce with Person account?

• 18 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi I work with a charity and we are looking to import our online Ninja form into Salesforce, but we use Person accounts rather than standard company accounts. Can anyone tell me if Zapier supports this please? I cannot find any documentation on this?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by SamB 13 June 2023, 17:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @duxhome! Could you confirm what you mean by person accounts here? I just want to make sure that we’re on the same page.

Do you mean that type of account/plan that you have with Salesforce or do you mean how you’re storing the information in Salesforce (eg lead/contact vs company?) 

Thanks!

Within SalesForce you have leads, contacts and accounts. SalesForce as standard to Company accounts (we don't deal with Companies) and Household Accounts. Both of these assume many contacts to a single account.

We have a different set up which allows a 1:1 relationship of contact to account which are called Person Accounts.

Desna

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the clarification on that, @duxhome!

It looks like the Zapier Salesforce integration doesn’t support Person accounts, I’m sorry about that! We do have a feature request for this and I’ve added you as a vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi friends! 👋

Just wanted to follow up here with a belated update to confirm that the Salesforce app now supports person accounts!

An email was sent to everyone who voted for this feature request, which contained instructions on how to create a person account using the Create Record (Salesforce) action.

Sharing those details here for visibility:

This functionality is available using the "Create Record" Salesforce action.

Here's a guide for setting up a Zap to create a person account:
1. Make sure you have enabled person accounts in Salesforce
2. In the action step of your Zap, select Salesforce and Create Record
3. In the set up action step, select "Account" as the Salesforce object
4. For the Record Type field, select the desired account type ie. "Person Account"
5. Complete the rest of your Zap

Don’t hesitate to get in touch if things aren’t working like you expect, or if you run into any other trouble. We’re always here and happy to help!