Question

Return multiple default values (100+) where answers are blank in Google Forms (Formatter)

• 16 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All, 

I need to create a Zap for quite a long Google Form. 100 questions in the Google Form are not mandatory and I would like to assign a default value for each when there is a blank answer. 

I know I could use the Formatter > Text > Transform > Default Value function, however I want to avoid using multiple steps. My best guess is that this could be possible using Google Sheets. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @jg97,

Are you are trying to use Google Form’s pre-filled link function. If so you are your biggest challenge 

1. Url length is limited to 2,048 characters which means you won’t be able to populate all the questions

If your trying to to trigger off of a Google Form submission where are you sending the information to?  Depending on what you are trying to do with it after the Trigger for a new form submission there are a couple options for filling in pre-filled values.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jg97!

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to solve this or whether you still needed help here. Please let us know!