Best answer

resubscribe User in Mailchimp

• 25 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Mailchimp doesn't send an opt-in Mail for somebody who is currently unsubscribed but wants to resubscribe. What can I do?

The event I am using is find or create. And the ‘update existing’ field I have left empty which equals ‘yes’.

icon

Best answer by steph.n 28 March 2020, 01:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Tim Dähn - Thanks for writing to us! I noticed that you got a hold of Zapier Support regarding this issue. So that others who may be seeking the answer, I have shared it below:

I'd be happy to highlight how Zapier handles mail applications when it comes to unsubscribing Users, in particular, this point: "What should happen is that the zap triggers the resubscription of the user and makes mailchimp send a new opt-in mail". Due to compliance, it's not possible to resubscribe an unsubscribed user within their prior consent. A Zap would not be able to run this function as it will safeguard a User's preference.

There are two possible routes forward, to resubscribe a User, they would need to consent in filling in a MailChimp signup form (e.g. a form to sign up to from MailChimp embedded on a website) or manually - further information can be found here.

Thanks for being patient and for working with us to resolve this issue together!