Best answer

resubscribe User in Mailchimp

• 25 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Mailchimp doesn't send an opt-in Mail for somebody who is currently unsubscribed but wants to resubscribe. What can I do?

The event I am using is find or create. And the ‘update existing’ field I have left empty which equals ‘yes’.

icon

Best answer by steph.n 28 March 2020, 01:40

Hi @Tim Dähn - Thanks for writing to us! I noticed that you got a hold of Zapier Support regarding this issue. So that others who may be seeking the answer, I have shared it below:

I'd be happy to highlight how Zapier handles mail applications when it comes to unsubscribing Users, in particular, this point: "What should happen is that the zap triggers the resubscription of the user and makes mailchimp send a new opt-in mail". Due to compliance, it's not possible to resubscribe an unsubscribed user within their prior consent. A Zap would not be able to run this function as it will safeguard a User's preference.

There are two possible routes forward, to resubscribe a User, they would need to consent in filling in a MailChimp signup form (e.g. a form to sign up to from MailChimp embedded on a website) or manually - further information can be found here.

Thanks for being patient and for working with us to resolve this issue together!

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Tim Dähn - Thanks for writing to us! I noticed that you got a hold of Zapier Support regarding this issue. So that others who may be seeking the answer, I have shared it below:

I'd be happy to highlight how Zapier handles mail applications when it comes to unsubscribing Users, in particular, this point: "What should happen is that the zap triggers the resubscription of the user and makes mailchimp send a new opt-in mail". Due to compliance, it's not possible to resubscribe an unsubscribed user within their prior consent. A Zap would not be able to run this function as it will safeguard a User's preference.

There are two possible routes forward, to resubscribe a User, they would need to consent in filling in a MailChimp signup form (e.g. a form to sign up to from MailChimp embedded on a website) or manually - further information can be found here.

Thanks for being patient and for working with us to resolve this issue together!