Best answer

“Request has expired” error when uploading Asana attachments to Google Drive

• 1 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Hey guys, I’m getting a “The app has returned: ‘Request has expired’” error when automating uploads of my Asana attachments to Google Drive (not Google Drive to Asana).

Our team does construction work in the Colorado mountains. We track each project in an Asana card and upload photos of the completed job using the attachments feature. We don’t want to have our data trapped in Asana should we ever change platforms, so we are trying to backup our projects into Google Drive.

My Zap looks something like this:

> When ‘TRIGGER’ in Asana
> Create new Folder in Google Drive
> Create text file in Google Drive (custom data from Asana fields ‘Owner’, ‘Address’, ‘Phone’, etc)
> Upload attachments from Asana to Google Drive

On the last step I get a “The app has returned: ‘Request has expired’” error.

Our Zap is set up like this:

As you can see, the Zap identifies the ID of the Google Drive folder we just created, then attempts to pull the attachments download URL from Asana.

I noticed that the file URL leads to Amazon Web Services.

Is this possibly a “permission” problem as Zapier tries to pull data from AWS without Asana’s “credentials”?

Any workarounds for this?

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 21 February 2022, 18:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jwydon 

See if there is another data point available to map that is something like (File exists but not shown) and if so, try mapping that instead of the File URL.

Another thing to check is to copy/paste that File URL into a new browser tab and press enter to see if it downloads.

Perhaps try changing your trigger test data to pull thru a newer example to test your Zap config: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

These are the other data points available when I search “attachments”. Scrolling through manually, I didn’t not see any other categories that looked relevant to attachments.

When I copy the “Download URL” into my browser I get this page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jwydon 

I suggest opening a ticket with Zapier Support to troubleshot the issue below: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

That’s the reason for the Zap issue:

Did you find the solution to this issue?

Would be awesome, having the same problem. 

Thanks in advance :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yeah, I’m having a similar issue to this with Asana.

The URL for the the Asana attachment is not the one being pulled in by Zapier, which makes me think that the “Test” is pulling in a cached, older URL which has an expired token for extracting the image.

I’m not sure how to fix, or even if there is a fix; if I skipped the test and allowed it to run, Asana might give Zapier the URL token that was assigned at the creation of the task (and not the time of adding of the Tag, which is my Trigger), which would be expired.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MattDemers & @jwydon 

The download link for the attachments with Asana are only valid for a very limited time. It does not affect the live runs but may affect sample runs. Try to load a newer test in your trigger if you can. 

If you can’t then skipping the test run, turning on your zap, then creating a “live test” would be my suggestion!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @MattDemers & @jwydon 

The download link for the attachments with Asana are only valid for a very limited time. It does not affect the live runs but may affect sample runs. Try to load a newer test in your trigger if you can. 

If you can’t then skipping the test run, turning on your zap, then creating a “live test” would be my suggestion!

Thanks for the response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MattDemers 

Help article about how to change your trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Userlevel 1
Badge

@MattDemers

Help article about how to change your trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

The problem with this is that if it doesn’t recognize anything to load, it doesn’t quite work; sometimes every “Load More” will give me the same post or image over and over. Would love to put in my own dummy data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MattDemers 

Try simulating a live example for the trigger app event, then pulling thru the newer examples to use to configure the Zap steps.