Question

Request Failed with the following errors: undefined - Excel to Freshbooks

Hi - I’m trying to create a zap to create a new time entry in Freshbooks when a new row is entered in Excel.  Everything looks like it’s connecting correctly and when I test, I’m getting an undefined error so having trouble determining the issue.  Any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @bdk1206 

Can you elaborate a bit more where do you see the error? Is it on the Excel’s end or the Freshbook’s end? Provide screenshots as well.

If it occurs in Excel, you can try using Google sheet which has firmer integration than excel.

Hi robschmidt, it’s grabbing the data correctly in Excel but when I test creating a Time Entry in Freshbooks, this is the error:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @bdk1206!

I had one of my Support colleagues take a look at your Zap and it appears that you’ve got a lot of custom fields mapped from Excel to FreshBooks. When you do that, you have to make sure that the value in that mapped field (in this case, Excel) matches something from the dropdown (in this case, FreshBooks). 

And you’ll be looking at this value:

Thats what an app expects when you’re using the custom option. Can you double-check to see if all the fields you mapped from Excel match what’s in FreshBooks?