Question

repost from instagram to other platforms

• 8 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I am using zapier to repost from my instagram to other social media platforms, facebook, twitter, pinterest etc.

I want the reposting to occur betweeen midnight to 3 am local time. All the posts that are published on that  particuar day needs to be queued in and posted through midnight to 3 am.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,

VP

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @vimper!

The first thing that comes to mind, if you’re looking to have some randomness and post within a range of hours is to use Pick from List (a function of our Formatter) to pick randomly from a set of times you’ve entered:

Then you use Delay Until and fill in the blank like this:

Then you add whatever the social media step(s) you need. 

You could make it even more random by adding more options to that Formatter step, or you could use two steps (one for the hours, one for the minutes, then map both outputs). I’m sure you could also use a Code step if you’re familiar with Python or Javascript.

One tricky thing will be if the Zap triggers between midnight and 3am, because the delay will be until the following day. There are ways around that, but you’d end up adding a couple more steps to your Zap. So I guess it depends how big a deal that delay is :)