Best answer

Recurring calendar event data not pulling from Outlook

Userlevel 2

I want a zap to create a trello card everytime a recurring calendar event starts on my outlook calendar. After creating the flow, recurring events don’t show as an option. One-off events do show. Am I using the wrong trigger? 

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 March 2024, 15:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

53 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @RealTraining!

I’ve added you to the list of interested users so we’ll send you an email if this feature request is added, thanks!

Userlevel 1

Is there still no solution to this problem? I would say 80% of my meetings are reoccurring, so having a solution would be very helpful. 

Would it be possible to use a different calendar (i.e. Google) and somehow forward all appointments and meetings from outlook to Google?

Userlevel 1

@Danvers please add me as well to the users who want this feature. Many of my meetings are recurring and I thought setting up the Zap would save me a lot of time. Highly frustrating to discover that none of my (majority) recurring meetings are assigned cards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Sven G!

I just checked and the feature request is still open. I’ve added your vote to it. I’m not sure that there’s a workaround involving another calendar. I think you’d run into the same problem, since you can’t trigger on the recurring event.

@SMeri I’ve added your vote to the feature request as well.

I would also like to be added to this vote. I have the air table solution in place but it is still presenting a new set of issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @colliance,

I’ve added your vote to that feature request too. We don’t have an expected ETA on when this would be added but we’ll notify you by email as soon as it is! :) 

Could someone please add my vote to that feature request as well? Most of my events in Outlook are recurring, so I’m very interested in getting an email when the recurrency data is available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @pgabcalixto. I’ve gone ahead and gotten your vote added to that feature request. 🙂

Please, add my vote too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @Vrs! I’ve added your vote to the feature request as well. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s implemented! :)

Howdy, could my name be added to the vote for reoccouring appointments please??

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @JohnatTharstern! We’ve added your vote to the feature request for recurring events now. :)

Please also add me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Marilyn Cahill! Thanks for reaching out. I’ve your vote added to that! We’ll keep you updated via email if this gets implemented as well as inform the thread. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Is there still no ETA for this feature? Please also add me. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Stew.johnson! While we don’t have an estimated time frame on when or if this will be implemented, I’ve got your added to that feature request. We’ll be sure to send you email with any updates that do come up. 🙂

This integration is a non-negotiable for my organization (large, 10,000+ employees); unfortunately, we cannot use Zapier without it. Please add me to this list for feature request. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @zachsola. I’ve got your vote added to this feature request. When and if this gets implemented we’ll be sure to send an email letting you know!

Userlevel 1

Inconceivable that this works with some calendar events but not others. Failure to work with recurring events makes it next to useless, sadly, and I’m disappointed to see this has been a known bug for so long. Don’t know if it’s an issue with the 365 api or delays in Zapier, though. However, please add my vote for this, and please flag it as an urgent bug fix not a new feature!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @JimP 

We apologize for any inconvenience! I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Thanks. Please could you update the docs and Zap somehow so this critical limitation is clear? Would have saved me a days work had I known the testing I was doing using data from individual events was completely irrelevant and pointless.

Having done some more research it looks like this is indeed a Microsoft API limitation and will never be fixed in Zapier. I don’t know if Microsoft Power Automate can be used instead, but otherwise it looks like the only way to do this is by hard-coding a custom solution using the API directly :(

Userlevel 1

FYI, it looks like Microsoft Power Automate DOES trigger on recurring Office365 events, so for anyone stuck with this issue then that seems to be the way to go. I’ve only just started to explore it but for Microsoft apps it seems to offer very deep integration and immense flexibility - at a price, of course.

Good luck.

It is also critical that I have this feature operational. This can’t be that hard to tag on… It seems right now the JSON format obtained for each “event” comes from a series (whether it has a recurrence or not). It needs to capture the singular events. The Start Date is from the beginning of the series which doesn’t help anyone unless you’re only looking at the first singular event of the series, which is often not the case. This thread has been open for 2 years. Time to act on it guys… Please add my vote to this. If this isn’t functional, I will need to look for other tools to leverage instead of Zapier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @JimP and @torgler! Thanks for reaching out and sharing your candid feedback. I’m happy to pass it along to the team.

I also went ahead and added your votes to this feature request. This is the best way to stay in the loop and allows us to track interested. If and when this gets implemented we’ll be in touch!

Userlevel 1

@torgler this won’t be fixed on Zapier - it’s a limitation of the Microsoft API, as far as I can tell. Microsoft Power Automate is the way to go on this: they seem to have a deeper integration with Outlook (not surprisingly) and I now have automated reminders going out happily for recurring events.