Question

Quickbooks bill and invoice line item help

• 2 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I'm creating a zap from my Knack database. My Knack database has a form to enter new dispatched loads for my driver's. Each record has driver pay info. My drivers are Vendors in QuickBooks Online and get paid at the end of the week for all loads done that week.

So I wanted to create a zap that looks for all records that were added in the week for each driver, and then create a single Bill for each driver (Vendor). Each drivers bill would have multiple line items (each line item is a load pay record from Knack.)

So the in QuickBooks I would have 1 bill for Driver A. Line item 1: Load #1234, $100. Line item 2: Load #6789, $500, etc etc. And the final bill total would be the total amount I need to pay him for the loads he did that week.

I'm stuck on making that zap happen. How do I get multiple database records that don't have any connection to each other combine onto a single Bill as multiple line items? Help!! Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Loadx!

I think if you were going to be able to accomplish this, it would require something like Google Sheets as an intermediary. You’re not able to return multiple Knack records from a search. Google Sheets, however has these actions:

That would mean having multiple Zaps. One to add data from Knack to Google Sheets, then another to retrieve Google Sheets rows and create the QuickBooks bill.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@nicksimard : Have you actually got a zap done that is creating an invoice working starting Google Sheet.  

I posted a question this morning at 

Would be great if you can respond to that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @anatesanStream - I’ve answered in your separate topic in request for more information. If you are still experiencing troubles, we may need you to route your request directly to our support team: http://zpr.io/t4NNK