Best answer

Question regarding filters and paths

• 4 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

The desired workflow is attached as an image.

We are using JotForm and Zendesk Sell (CRM)

Zapier is checking ZDSell to see if the email address supplied in the form submission matches at the COMPANY, PERSON, or LEAD level. It must check in that order.

If it finds the email at any of those levels, I'd use a Filter to determine the state and then create a ZDSell Task (which is an "event") and assign it to the designated rep for that state.

If it does not find the email in any of those levels, it finally creates a new ZDSell Lead (which is a event)

My thought was to have 3 separate zaps for each of the lookups (yellow boxes) and upon failure it would look at the next zap in line. It doesn't look like I can do that.

Any help to get my Zaps to trigger in that order?

ZDWorkflow.png

icon

Best answer by steph.n 6 March 2020, 20:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@arw24 Hello and thanks for writing to our Community! I noticed that you've written to Zapier Support regarding this question. To summarize what Jamie already sent over to you:

Jamie had recommended checking out the Lookup Table and a Formatter to help simplify that setup.

For example, you could use a Lookup Table for all the green and blue sections. You can have a separate row for each of those possible states (A,B,C,X,Y,Z) and then add a fallback value for Manager. You could then use the output of that Lookup Table as the assignee ID.

You can read more on using an setting up Lookup Tables here:

Create lookup tables in Zaps

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Userlevel 1

Yes! Lookup table is certainly the way to go. My last question was if I still needed to use Paths for the items circles in orange or if there was a better method for that?

orangepaths.png (new image attached).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Paths is certainly the most efficient way to handle those y/n conditions.

It would be possible to do the same thing with multiple Zaps and filters, but using Paths would be more elegant and easier to set up/manage 🙂