Question

pushing information into salesforce object with several required look up fields

• 7 February 2021
  • 3 replies

hello! new to zapier. hoping you can help!

We have many events on eventbrite. Trying to push each new eventbrite attendee registration into Salesforce. We capture this in a custom “participant” object.  A very simple object with only three look up fields which ultimately creates a list of attendees on a related Case/Service object which captures the event itself. 1 event, many participants.

Participant record screen shot below. As you can see-  the Service number is the field that ties these two objects together.

All three are look up fields. And we want to search and connect to an existing contact if one exists, if not, make new.  I cannot figure out how to get my Zap to search for contact name and organization records - fields that we do have on the eventbrite registration- and in salesforce, either update those records or create a new contact and/or organization if neither exist in our system.  

thank you for any help! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BVM 

Try this Salesforce Search action.

There should be a checkbox at the bottom of the Find Record step that allows a new Record to be created if not found.

Logic would be Find/Create Record followed by an Update Record step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@BVM 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @BVM!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since I don’t see a response to the message that our moderators had sent you. Did you still need help here or did their reply to you help you resolve things? Please let us know :)