Best answer

Push to Zapier Slack trigger - not showing the modal to push a message

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have a zap with the trigger “New Pushed Message” from slack but when I click in “push to zapier” in Slack nothing happens. It was working fine a few weeks ago.

If I disable the zap, Slack says “There are no workflows (Zaps) using the "New Pushed Message" so I understand that Slack understand that there is a trigger enabled but it is not showing the modal to push a message.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 29 September 2022, 10:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

98 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Zapier team!

I finally convinced the agency I work with to sign us up for Zapier to automate a handful of workflows, but the “Push To Zapier” from Slack is not working on our end, which is what we mostly needed it for. Will this bug ever be fixed? This seems like a really important feature to have broken. It’s been a year since this thread was created.

In the meantime I’ve set up a workflow using “Saved Messages”, but then this clutters my saved Slack messages I actually want to refer back to. This workflow will only be used temporarily.

Please add me to the list of affected users. I will keep looking for other solutions and workarounds. I hope we can stick with Zapier for all of our automation needs.

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Modal does not work for me either :( I’ve tried to delete all zaps and reconfigure them, log out of both Zapier and Slack, turn off the zap… nothing works. I can see the “Push to Zapier” option in the Slack message’s “More Options” but if I click on it nothing happens, no pop-up asking for the next steps. Help :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @senior65, @ilhas and @123R!

I have been looking into this, and it appears that you’re running into a bug where the Pushed Message modal isn’t displayed. 

@senior65 it looks like you’ve already been added to the bug report for this. @ilhas and @123R I’ve added you to the list of affected users as well. We will email you as soon as it’s been officially resolved.

In the meantime, turning off all New Pushed Message zaps and then turn them back on again should get the modal to appear again. Could you please give that a try to see if that does the trick?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thank you for informing us, @Yoshiaki . I've added you to the list of users affected. We will contact you via email as soon as we have any new information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone 👋🏻

I’m happy to report that the issue where the Pushed Message modal isn’t displayed in Slack has now been resolved. Some users may be asked to re-connect your Slack account and once you do that you’ll be good to go!

Userlevel 1

Fantastic! Will be testing it out soon!

Userlevel 1

Same here, @Danvers . I even uninstalled and installed again the Zapier app for Slack and it’s still not working. 🤔 Anything we can do to help you debug this? The Zapier Slack app is essential for our workflow.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Tech Team MSJ 

Apologies for the inconvenience, This is still an ongoing issue and has already been identified as a bug. I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll update you via email once there’s any update regarding the issue. We appreciate your patience. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know you’re still running into issues with this, @ilhas. I’m really sorry it’s not been resolved yet. 

We’ll definitely be in touch by email once it is, and we’ll update the thread here to confirm. 

This error of “Push to Zapier” in slack message in a private channel, is still an issue for me as well.

So was the bug fixed?

I don’t see the next step (the text box and all) when I click “push to zapier” from slack

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for reaching out, @Victoria_. While we don’t have any updates to share at the moment, I’ve gone ahead and added to the list of impacted users. We’ll be sure to send an email and keep this thread informed as soon as we know more!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @hans.nieuwenhuis and @wrcmplx 

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users and we’ll update you guys via email once available. Thank you!

I’ve got the same problem ! 

Any issues ? Big problem for me :slight_frown:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Tommyhung 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, we’ll notify you guys via email once an update is available. Thanks!

hi! I have the same issue, I tried to reconnect the Slack connection but still not working

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Krisitan 

We are sorry that this bug is hindering you from completing your Zap. The best course of action will be to add you to the list of affected users.

@Nicolas Durik-Ha @davislatham 

I’ve added you guys to the list of affected users, and we’ll update you via email regarding the bug.

Not corrected and no news.
I went to a competitor ... work perfectly

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Sincerely, welcome to the Community! :)

I’ve just checked on the bug report for this and it doesn’t appear to have been fixed yet so I’ve added you as another affected user. We’ll be in touch by email once it’s been fixed.

In the meantime, we have had reports that power cycling (turning affected Zaps off and on again) and reconnecting Slack did get it appearing again for some users. So that may be worth trying in the meantime.  

@123R, thanks for letting us know. I’m really glad to hear you were able to get a solution, even if it doesn’t involve Zapier. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @Oscar Bernal. I’ve added you to the list of affected users too. We’ll be in touch via email as soon as we have any updates.

Hi guys, I’m also having the same issue of being unable to push a message from slack :/

I’m having this problem right now. Is this really not yet resolved?  

Is there a workaround?

me,too

Okay this was working for me this morning but now its not.. I have made no changes to the Zap and etc. but now its not populating the module. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ahedin 

We apologize, but we don’t have any updates yet. I will add you to the list of the affected user so that you can receive an email update if there are any changes. Thanks!