Question

Publish a new content each week

• 1 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi !

I am trying to create something quite simple.

I have a list of content in a spreadsheet (URL + Title). Each week, I would like to publish a new content on Facebook.

How can I manage to use the next lign each week ?

I’ve setup a trigger “Every week” and I know how to lookup a row but not how to use the next row each week.

Thanks,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Odnze5md2 

Take a look at this video topic for inspiration.

It will require using another column in the GSheet tab as part of the lookup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Odnze5md2 

Another option would be to continue with your scheduler but update the rows after they’ve been posted. 
You could add a column called “Date Posted” that is populated with “Not Posted” which can then act as a lookup value for rows that haven’t been posted yet. 

Then in Zapier, look up by Not Posted. 

After posting the content on facebook, you can update the row with the date/time it was posted. 

Thanks ! That is a good idea !

By any chance, do you know how to start publishing again from line 1 when I reach the last line ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

By any chance, do you know how to start publishing again from line 1 when I reach the last line ?

Since the zap simply posts the row where the Date Posted column has a value of Not Posted, you could clear the dates and set them back to Not Posted manually (you could also set up a path to notify you if the list needs to be reset).

Or if you would prefer to automate the process, that would be a good time to loop back through the rows to set the value back to Not Posted so that the scheduler will have rows to work with again the next time that it runs. There’s also the possibility of using Zapier Storage to store the row number as opposed to working with the cell values, so that it can return to the initial row without having to run a loop in the zap. The storage solution is probably your best option, but it would require reworking the sheet a little bit. Let me know if you’d like me to go into more detail.

Really, your best option depends on how many rows you’ve got in that table, but any of those options should work.

​​​​

you could also set up a path to notify you if the list needs to be reset

That would do it for me (reset each 3 months) so I can review the list.

I tried a path with Zap Search Status was found (result from lookup) and if it is false, I send an email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Odnze5md2,

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to get this working? Or do you still need help here?

Please let us know!