Best answer

Problems with 'Tag added to conversation' trigger event for Intercom

• 4 November 2020
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, there is a similar post about problems with ‘Tag Added to conversation’ trigger event for Intercom, here in Zapier community, but it just don't solve my problem:

I just select the test data, and when trying to parse “tag added” cant find:

icon

Best answer by christina.d 5 August 2022, 02:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try searching by the value of the Tag. (e.g. “Tag 1”)

Try searching for other terms for Tag, such as “Label”.

Some apps pass the ID of the Tag rather than the Name of the Tag.

I have the same problem and there is no workaround that I’m able to find. The tag itself isn’t part of the zap trigger payload :(

Anyone else has any workarounds?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone! We know that the Tag Added to Conversation trigger doesn’t currently include the tag that was added. We have a feature request open to have that information added into the data that we get for the trigger. 

@paulo.gontijo and @shar, I’ve added you to the list of affected users for this feature request. I don't have an ETA of when this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

In the meantime, some users have told us that the New Closed Conversation trigger does include conversation tags, in case that helps!

Hey +1 here please keep us posted on when this is available.

Add me to the list of contacts to inform once fixed :) thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Birdie!

I’ve added your vote for this feature, and you’ll be notified via email when it’s been implemented :)

I, too, would like to be informed of the implementation of this feature. 

Additionally, is there a request anywhere to add a note to a conversation instead of user or company? My ideal implementation would be something like this;

• Intercom triggers an event based off of a specific conversation tag
  • An action happens in intercom to add a note to that same conversation that would include a link to a support article

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @spilger!

I’ve added you to that feature request :)

As for the other feature you’re looking for, I do see an existing request but also a note that says it’s not currently possible, given the Intercom API. You can see here that there does not appear to be a way to add a note to a conversation. 

As I mentioned, it's something other users have asked for, so for tracking purposes (and in case it ever does become possible) I've gone ahead and added your vote for this feature request as well. 

my team would also like to be notified when this enhancement rolls out. not sure how to make use of this trigger if i can’t specify by the tag being applied to the conversation. thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @AldoKixie!

I’ve added your vote to the list as well. You’ll be notified via email when that’s been implemented :)

+1 me on this ability to actually see the tag that was added to the conversation in the triggering event. I’d love to filter out tags that aren’t used before I proceed to the next step of my zap workflow, because I don’t want to proceed in all​​​​​​​ tagged-convo scenarios. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @brgumm! Thanks for your message, I’ve added you as an interested user on this feature request :slight_smile:

Hi! Can I please be added to this list as well. Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @Caroline12, hope you’re doing well!

I just added your vote to the request as an interested user. :)

I would also like to be added to this list to be notified.  Is there any idea when this might happen?

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @wendyw, hope you’re well!

While we don’t have an ETA to provide, I was able to add you to the affected user list. This will make sure we’re able to alert you ASAP once the issue is resolved.

Hi!
+1  Can I please be added to this list :pray_tone1:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @k_korukova!

I’ve added your email address to the affected users list. You’ll be notified via email when that’s been resolved :)

+1

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Liven you have been added and will be notified with updates via email. 

+1 :pray_tone2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @CamilleA !

I've gone ahead and added your vote for that feature. We'll let you know via email when that's been implemented.

I would also like to be notified when this feature is available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome @manuelbecker! :)

Happy to confirm you’ve been added to the list as well. We’ll be in touch as soon as it’s been sorted.

In the meantime, it may be worth giving the workaround outlined here a try:

Hope that’s helpful!

Hey all,

A very simple solution we found was to make a GET request using the conversation ID from the “Tag added to conversation” trigger. You can use the format https://api.intercom.io/conversations/{conversation.id} with your auth token (you can get one from the developer intercom page after creating an app). This returns the array tags.tags list, with all of the tags of the conversation. Thanks to the intercom team for the tip

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for sharing this, @marketo_pros_envoy!