Best answer

PROBLEM: We hit an error adding your new account authentication failed: The app returned "Not Acceptable".

• 30 September 2020
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

My Twilio Sendgrid accounts were expired so I had to reconnect. But i Keep on getting the following error: 

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: The app returned "Not Acceptable".

How do I solve this? Both of my Twilio accounts were removed from Zapier. Is there also a way to get them back as there were many email templates in there. 

What to do? 

icon

Best answer by jesse 18 December 2020, 05:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @YoupSt! I can see that you got in touch with our Support team about this and it looks like a bug with the Send Grid Zapier integration that's been logging users out of their accounts.

I’m sorry that you’ve run into this issue and I can see that Wes on the Support Team has added you as an affected user on the bug, so we’ll be in touch when it’s resolved. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I’ve ran into the same issue with Sendgrid! I’ll reach out to Twillio, but please push to resolve this from your end as well

🙏

Userlevel 3

I experienced the same issue last night. Just tested the connection in my Zapier apps and it’s still working. Ran some of our Zaps using SendGrid and they seem to be working. Any way for me to see if this issue will recur?

Hi All, 

We seem to be having the same issue! Only started happening recently. 

Any timelines for resolution? Is this affecting the sending of emails?

Userlevel 1

This is happening to me too! Really need this fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Benita @brianswichkow @onetwicethreetimesanerror @Sam Battista so sorry you all are encountering this bug as well! I have added you all to the report as impacted users so that you will receive any updates via email. 

@onetwicethreetimesanerror I see that you relayed to Support that this was resolved on your end, but you will still be notified of any updates from the Zapier side!

Userlevel 1

Same thing here!  Sendgrid account won’t connect, I’ve triple checked that the username/password is correct. This completely shut down our website, we need this resolved ASAP!

Userlevel 1

I appreciate you letting me know you’re working on it. Just that this is very serious right now and we still aren’t getting emails sent correctly. Please advise when it’s fixed. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Also getting the same issue and would like to get added as an affected user. Need to continue sending out emails!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Rudder @julrach - so sorry you are encountering this issue as well- I know that if frustrating.  You have been added as impacted users so that you will receive updates via email!

Userlevel 1

@Liz_Roberts I received the below email from SendGrid support - it seems like they want me to play middle-man between Sendgrid and Zapier.  Please advise!  We need your integrations teams to work together to get this solved ASAP.

They are asking for:

1. The actual error message that they are receiving from Sendgrid.
  2. The Zapier IP(s) that are used to dispatch your API requests to Sendgrid servers.

Userlevel 1

Please fix this issue asap. Out of a sudden over 30 Zaps are now turned off because of this issue. Can’t turn them back on. Zapier says I need to reconnect with Sendgrid. I simply can’t. I only get errors.

THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE. A lot of business processes are disrupted by this error. 

How do we fix this? I’ve tried reconnecting to Sendgrid and nothing works. Help!

Userlevel 3

I’ve been emailing with Zapier support who pointed the finger at SendGrid. I emailed SendGrid who then pointed the finger at Zapier. SendGrid told me the issue has been escalated and Zapier/SendGrid teams are talking, but gave no timeline.

As @michielsch said, this is a MAJOR issue. All system transaction emails are offline.

@Liz_Roberts any updates on this?

Userlevel 1

@brianswichkow @dlampe @Rudder  @julrach @Sam Battista @onetwicethreetimesanerror 

SOLVED?

I think the problem is solved. Sendgrid has launched a new feature called: Teammates. 

1. In Sendgrid go to the menu with 'Settings' and then 'Teammates'. Chances are that there are no team members here. 
  2. Click on the button 'Add Teammate' in the upper right corner of the screen. Fill in the email address of the Sendgrid account you are currently using. Choose the option 'Invite as Admin'.
  3. You will now receive an email to complete the registration. When completing your 'account', choose the same username and password you already use to login to Sendgrid. 
  4. Try again to link the Sendgrid account in Zapier. This went well without any problems. 

Let me know if this fix helped you out!

@Liz_Roberts please add me to the impacted users list as well. Have several revenue-related zaps that are down right now as a result.

Userlevel 1

@Liz_Roberts please add me to the impacted users list as well. Have several revenue-related zaps that are down right now as a result.

Please check out my post above. I found a way to fix the issue. 

The fix above does not work for me.

Userlevel 1

The fix above does not work for me.

Sorry to hear that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@michielsch thanks for sharing the above workaround- hopefully this will assist some folks. 

@dlampe @GooseOps @michielsch @brianswichkow you have been added to this open report with the SendGrid team who manages/updates the integration.

We have reached out to them to let them know the extent of this issue and the impact it is having on users. Really sorry for the interruption here- I know it must be very frustrating.

Userlevel 1

@michielsch we had the “teammates” feature set up after our first run in with this problem, then the issue happened again.  @dlampe @GooseOps @michielsch @brianswichkow  What we have learned is that our emails can actually send even when Zapier states that they are not working. 

First SendGrid disconnects, and we are not able to re-authenticate the connection, then we turn the Zaps back on and point them to SendGrid, (ignore the warnings), and everything seems to work. 

Obviously that is a crummy fix and we feel like it could fail at any moment, but at least it is working until they can hopefully fix this issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone!

I’m really sorry for the authentication/connection trouble with SendGrid Zaps right now, I know that it’s really frustrating!

There is a bug with the SendGrid Zapier integration and we have reached out to the SendGrid team to offer any help that we can to help them get this sorted as quickly as possible. We’ll post an update here when we have one. 

In the meantime, our Community member, @michielsch may have found a temporary workaround/fix, it hasn’t worked for everyone that tried it, but it did work for @michielsch

I’d like to stress that this hasn’t been tested or verified by Zapier, and we cannot take responsibility for any changes that you make to your SendGrid account in order to try this workaround. 

Sendgrid has launched a new feature called: Teammates. 

1. In Sendgrid go to the menu with 'Settings' and then 'Teammates'. Chances are that there are no team members here. 
  2. Click on the button 'Add Teammate' in the upper right corner of the screen. Fill in the email address of the Sendgrid account you are currently using. Choose the option 'Invite as Admin'.
  3. You will now receive an email to complete the registration. When completing your 'account', choose the same username and password you already use to login to Sendgrid. 
  4. Try again to link the Sendgrid account in Zapier. This went well without any problems. 

@Danvers any updates here? As part of this, one of our key zaps got turned off and we had 60 leads from customers get missed. We’ve manually restored them now, but it’s majorly messing with our flows. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @GooseOps I’m afraid I don’t have any extra news on this one. It sounds like the issue is really affecting your workflows and I’m sorry about that. 

We’re doing everything that we can to work with SendGrid on this, they own and maintain the integration so we need them to resolve the issue. Sometimes sending an email to an app’s support team directly can help to give them an additional nudge, so that’s a possibility. 

I’m sorry that I don’t have better news for you here!

I really think this might be a Sendgrid issue. I tried to do a custom webhook to their API and it’s also returning “Not Acceptable” about 75% of the time.