Question

Problem uploading videos from my google drive to my youtube via zapier

• 29 May 2020
  • 8 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello Friends

I have the following problem after using zap for the past four weeks now (Upload video in YouTube when new file in folder in Google Drive Zap not trigger tasks)

All my zap steps are accurate with green marks, but still, after uploading movies on google drive no task is triggering to the youtube channels link to zap

Below is the screenshot to tells the arrangement of my configuration:

I even went as far to disconnect my previous google drive account and change to another google dirve paid account to setup a new zap, the zap test is successful but if i upload a new movie to the specified google account / new file in a folder it will still not trigger the task

I equally checked my task history bar to see if there’s any record made on the task log but no record of what so ever

Thanks in advance, for any help you can give me.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Normally when something like this happens (Everything works fine until you turn it on) there’s a problem with the path. Have you checked that the folder you are triggering from is the folder you are uploading to?

If there’s no task history, it would suggest that there’s a mismatch

Of course yes, the folder I'm triggering from is the folder I'm uploading to on Google drive, the zap is on. But there is an error message i usually received before and now once i login 

I even wrote to zapier support team concerning the error message, aside from that i'm still uploading to my YouTube channels successful then without issues 

But for the past four weeks now, nothing is working at all, the zap is on, the path is accurate, the subscription plan is active

Kindly see to the below screenshot, it's really frustrating and my subscription period is going every day by day without any task been carried out

After i wrote to zapier support team then, the message kept pop up each time i log in, i will just have to ignore the message by closing the pop-up error window or click on the 'back to zaps buttons' 

It will take me to my zap editor window to set a new zap, before it's was working fine even with the error messages above.

But now nothing is working at all, zap paths/steps are correct all through, zap is on, honestly it's really frustrating.  If this problem persists i don't think i'm going to pay for the next month

Hoping to see your quick respond/ suggestions 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are you 100% sure you’re connecting to the correct account? Is it possible that you set this up with a different email address? (A work one, or a temporary one for example?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Yunic!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since I don’t see a response to the message that our Support team had sent you. Your best bet is to keep the conversation going there, since they can dig in deeper than the Community team can :)

HI, everyone! i am still working hard to rectify the problem base with @Saastronomical instructions and advice, but the truth of the matter is, all my zap steps are accurate and i’m still using the same zapier account that i subscribe to. 

But yesterday i noticed something, i uploaded 10 minutes videos with the following details

Video length: 10 minute

Size:   288MB

Frame width:   1920

Frame height:  1080

Data rate:   2995kbps

Total bitrate:   3184kbps

Frame rate:   25/second

Audio bit rate:   189kbps

Audio channels:   2(stereo)

Audio sample:48 kHZ

i uploaded for about three of the above describe videos via the google drive folder link to my zaps and they all went in / trigger successfully, and something came to my mind that, a certain command is missing from this new zapier interface. that is, video file size specifications.

From the old interface there’s this toggle switcher that allows “upload more than 2gb videos”  but i noticed that the switch is not there on the new zapier interface, which i’m sure might be the major cause. Because the videos that went in is not up to 2gb, before this new zapier interface i usually upload movies more than 2gb with the help of that toggle switch.

So the reason why my movies stop triggering is because they are more than 2gb, please any clear suggestion and advice? @nicksimard @Saastronomical 

The switch is usually located at the extreme end of the zap YouTube steps just after the YouTube tags box “old zapier interface”

Hoping to see your quick responses/ suggestions 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Yunic!

For the issue around not being able to log into your account, can I ask if it’s possible that you’ve logged in using both an email and password and also by connecting your Google account to Zapier? That can sometimes cause confusion with different accounts. Also, if your account is on a team plan, is it possible that you’re trying to look at the Zap while your account is on your personal account and not the team plan?

For the issue with the Zap, it’s best to continue this one with the Support Team as they will be able to look at the logs for your Zaps to see if we’re getting specific error messages around the size of the file etc. Please could you reply to the email that we sent you a few days ago to continue this?

For anyone who is following this thread, if possible, we’ll update it with a resolution if/when one is found. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @Danvers 

That’s true @Danvers  I created the zapier account with a gmail account and a password for it as a personal zapier account, i equally use the same gmail drive for the triggering, more so, i once create a team with that same zapier account which i later delete and left with the personal account, that same account is what i am subscribing to before and now.

I noticed that, after i delete the team account i started seeing the error message then, aside from that, like i stated above if i click on “go to my zaps button” i will still manage to see my zaps.

So my major question and concern is, what can i do to stop receiving that particular error message? @Danvers @nicksimard @Saastronomical 

Hoping to see your quick responses/ suggestions 

Thanks