Best answer

Problem adding a Discord role when answering a Google Form

• 12 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm trying to make a google form that gives a role in discord to the one who filled the form.
But I have an error at the time of "set up action" where I am told : 

I answered in the form my discord tag because I saw at a time on the forum that there were bugs otherwise but it does not work better, I always have the same error.
If someone knows how to solve this problem .... don't hesitate.

icon

Best answer by SamB 25 January 2022, 14:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @knightmar! :)

I’m so sorry that you’re running into this error in your Discord Zap. I’ve been looking into this and it seems that this is a known bug with the Discord integration which is also being discussed in another thread: 

I’ve added you as an affected user on that bug report as well, so we’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s been resolved. And we’ll also put out an update here once it’s been fixed.

In the meantime, it was mentioned in the other thread that it should be possible to select the user by its User ID, when selected as a Custom value. So if you ignore that error and test that step with a User ID, it should go through to Discord successfully. Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1

ok thank you very much for spending time on my problem 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @knightmar

I expect you’ve already seen the email about this but I wanted to leave a quick update here to confirm that this issue should be resolved now. 

That said, if you find that you’re still seeing this error in your Zaps please do contact our Support team. They’ll be able to take a look at your Zaps and reopen the bug report if necessary.