Best answer

Private Facebook Group - Add Members

• 3 April 2020
  • 2 replies

I am looking for a way to update the Facebook Groups membership pre-approvals list with an email address as a Zap.  So I have an email address and I want to add it to this list so that members can automatically join the private group without a manual step for approval.  

You find this under the page for your Facebook Membership Group, then Edit Group Settings » Membership Pre-Approvals.  

The only options here are link up to another group and if they have access, go ahead and give them access to your group.  Or upload a list of email addresses for pre-approval. It is this option that I want to do via a zap one email address at a time.  

Anyone have any thoughts on if that is possible?  Thanks for the help!

James Nagy

icon

Best answer by Danvers 3 April 2020, 12:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @JNagy 

I can see why this would be very useful, but sadly it’s not possible with Zapier and might not even be possible at all - the Facebook API is very restrictive these days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu is 100% right - it’s possible to do that with Zapier and although we have a feature request to add this, it’s not currently possible for us to build, based on the Facebook API (the bit of the code that lets Zapier talk to Facebook). I've added you as another vote for this addition so if things change in the future, we’ll let you know!